Enjoy Straighter Teeth with Invisible Braces
Want straighter teeth but hate the thought of wearing braces? Let’s talk about Invisalign.
More pages in this section
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses a series of customised, clear aligners to straighten teeth in a quicker amount of time and with fewer office visits than traditional braces. Thousands of orthodontists in the throughout Australia use Invisalign braces to accurately and effectively treat their patients. At Casey Dentists, we offer Invisalign treatment for patients in Townsville. We take an impression of your teeth and create a series of Invisalign braces that gradually move your teeth to their prescribed position.
The Benefits of Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign aligners are:
Completely invisible – Invisalign aligners cannot be seen while you are wearing them! Friends, family members and co-workers may never even know you are wearing braces, unless of course you tell them!
Comfortable to wear – The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate your mouth and tissues like traditional braces often can.
Customised just for you – Your Invisalign aligners are customised to fit your mouth. It utlises advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of your mouth and teeth, which then allows the customisation of each aligner so that it fits your mouth, and over time moves your teeth into the proper position.
- Unlike traditional metal braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss and for special occasions. There’s no need to change your lifestyle with Invisalign!
- You will begin to notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Most treatments are complete within one year; however, this can vary from patient to patient.
Why Choose Invisalign?
People everywhere are beginning to experience the benefits of Invisalign treatment. Here’s why people just like you are choosing Invisalign over traditional braces:
- With Invisalign you can have a straighter, healthier smile without all the noticeable wires and brackets of traditional braces. Invisalign helps improve your overall oral health by making it easier to brush and floss, while also maintaining the proper tooth structure.
- You don’t need to change anything about your current lifestyle! With Invisalign you can continue participating in day-to-day activities without changing a thing. Invisalign is great for professionals, athletes, brides, and parents.
- Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless. Fewer appointments are required throughout your entire treatment.
How Long is Treatment?
The most commonly asked question from our patients is: “How long will this treatment take?” With traditional braces, treatment times can take between 18 to 30 months; but with an Invisalign treatment, it may only take between 9 to 15 months. That’s almost half the time of traditional braces!
How does Invisalign Work?
When you begin your Invisalign treatment you will receive several sets of custom fit aligners. Each set of aligners is worn for only two weeks. After two weeks you can switch your aligners with the next set and continue straightening your teeth. Over time you will notice changes in the alignment of your teeth, and in just a few months you will have a straighter, healthier smile!
Can my child have Invisalign?
Invisalign is a great alternative for many Townsville kids as it is more comfortable than braces and can be taken out during cleaning and eating. Some considerations have to be made, however, to ensure success. Children who are good candidates of Invisalign have a full set of permanent teeth and are mature enough to keep their trays in their mouth for the prescribed time and not lose them.
Does wearing Invisalign hurt?
Invisalign causes some pressure as it is realigning your teeth. But as your teeth adjust to the aligner, the minor discomfort wears off. If the aligners cause irritation to your tongue or gums, our dentists can help you adjust your Invisalign aligner.
Will Invisalign affect my speech?
Like any orthodontic appliance in the mouth, Invisalign has the potential to affect the way you talk. But since this type of invisible braces is made of thin plastic, its speech impacts are minor and temporary. When your mouth, especially your tongue, gets used to your Invisalign aligners you’ll sound like yourself again.