If you have missing teeth or gum disease or are unsatisfied with your smile, All-on-4 dental implants are the perfect way to experience a full transformation. It is one of the most innovative implant techniques in implant dentistry available and provides more than just functionality. It is an effective one-time solution for multiple missing teeth, which makes it an ideal option for individuals who want a permanent smile.
However, it can be difficult to comprehend exactly what goes into getting All-on-4 implants.
For those researching All-On-4 and All-On-4 Plus treatments, our complimentary patient booklet is an invaluable asset. Inside the pages of this helpful guide, you will discover the dissimilarities between implant procedures, step-by-step details for undergoing All-On -4 treatment, as well as a listing of qualified medical professionals to complete your surgery.
At Casey Dentists, we are pleased to introduce All on 4 PLUS dental implant treatments in Townsville, a progressive approach that replaces several teeth with only one single implant. While traditional implants focus solely on replacing each missing tooth, this revolutionary procedure is incredibly advantageous for those who have suffered from intense tooth decay and lost multiple or full sets of their pearly whites. Allow us to help you regain your beaming smile with the advanced All on 4 PLUS solution.
At our dental practice, we have proudly practised dental treatments for many Australians with a range of dental problems or phobias. Whether they need a tooth replacement, prosthetic teeth, cosmetic dentistry or gum disease, All-on-4 dentures are often the perfect solution. Here are some of the cases we have solved:
- Broken or decayed teeth which are difficult to fix
- Unstable or ill-fitting dentures
- Loose teeth or severe gum disease
If you have medical conditions such as diabetes or osteoporosis and require false teeth, the All-on-4 denture technique may be a good option for you.
What happens before and after all on 4 dental implants?
There are several steps that your dentist will take before placing All on 4 dental implants:
Your dentist will do a full evaluation of your overall health and oral health, including an X-ray of your jaw and a CT scan. This is to make sure that you’re a good candidate for the procedure and to plan out where each implant should go for maximum stability.
Your dentist may also create a treatment plan outlining the steps necessary to complete the procedure, including any preparatory treatments such as gum disease treatment or bone augmentation if needed.
Once you’ve been determined to be medically suitable for the procedure, your dentist will take the time to clean and prepare your teeth before beginning the implant placement process.
Finally, once all of these steps have been taken, and your mouth has been thoroughly prepared, your dentist can begin placing all four implants in one quick and easy procedure.
After having All on 4 dental implants placed, you should:
- Follow any instructions for oral hygiene that your dentist provides. This may include brushing and flossing twice a day, using an antiseptic mouth rinse and scheduling regular checkups with your dentist.
- Eat soft foods for the first few weeks to give your mouth time to heal.
- Avoid hard or chewy foods that could damage the implants or disrupt the healing process.
- Attend follow-up visits post-surgery with your dentist as recommended to ensure everything is healing properly and check for signs of infection or implant failure.
- Keep up with good oral hygiene practices and schedule regular appointments with your dentist to ensure the long-term success of your all-on-4 dental implant treatment plan.
Are all on 4 dental implants painful?
Most patients do not experience much pain during or after the All on 4 dental implant procedure. To help manage any discomfort during the procedure, your dentist will provide a local anaesthetic to numb the area. You may also be given a sedative to help you relax. We offer sleep dentistry as well for patients who feel anxious about undergoing dental procedures. After the surgery, you may experience some swelling and soreness in your mouth, which should subside with time.
What All-on-4 dentures look like?
At our practice, we recognise that every patient has a different bone structure, so we customise each dental implant to fit the individual’s needs. While this means your implants may differ in size and shape from someone else’s, you can be assured that all of our implants will bring about the same beautiful result for you.
White: No discolouration, blemishes, or deterioration.
Straight: Each set of dental implants is shaped so the teeth appear straight and uniform.
Natural-looking: The All on 4 dental implant technique has been formulated to ensure your new teeth look as natural as possible.
Why is all-on-4 a good solution?
If you need to replace lost teeth, All-on-4 dental implants are the best choice. Not only will they provide a permanent solution, but they also offer several other benefits:
At first, the cost may seem steep; however, consider this: All-on-4 dentures require only a one-time payment and last forever. Other denture options are not as resilient, making them susceptible to cracking or damage over time. Plus, you’ll need to pay for adjustments and repairs every few years. Save yourself money in the long run with All-on-4.
In just a few weeks after your procedure, you’ll be able to enjoy all the normal activities that come with having teeth. You’ll also be back on solid food quicker than ever before compared to traditional denture types.
Easy to maintain
There is no need to remove your implants every night. All-on-4 implants are permanent and operate just like normal teeth. In fact, you’ll find brushing and flossing just like you did before.
5 care taking tips after all on 4 dental implants
- Make sure to adhere to your dentist’s instructions for care after having your dental implants.
- To maintain the cleanliness of your implant, use a light circular motion when brushing and don’t forget to brush after meals.
- Be mindful of what foods you eat, as hard, or crunchy foods can damage the dental implants and surrounding area.
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups to monitor the health of your implant and ensure that everything is healing properly.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol excessively, as these substances can adversely affect the healing process of dental implants and cause complications over time.
Why is an all on 4 better than dentures?
If you’ve been living with missing or loose teeth for some time, it’s likely that your chewing habits have changed, and you might even be avoiding certain foods like nuts and hard candy. The good news is All-on-4 implants are fixed permanently in your mouth, so they feel much more natural than dentures – no longer will you need to worry about them sliding around while eating. With the sturdy support of these implants, not only can you get back to enjoying all types of food but also experience a sense of normalcy as if nothing had ever been wrong with your teeth.
All-on-4 implants will bring back full functionality in your mouth, and while this may feel foreign initially due to the new eating habits you’ll need to adjust to, soon enough, you’ll come to realise that there are no limitations with what you can do (and how much). When it comes time to make a decision between dentures or all on 4, keep these five summarised points in mind.
- All-on-4 implants provide much more stability and security than dentures, granting you an enhanced ability to chew and speak comfortably.
- Implants have the amazing capacity to meld with your jawbone, removing any requirement for bulky glue or other creams that dentures often require.
- Dental implants have revolutionised the way we maintain our facial structure, as they help inhibit bone resorption, a condition that can arise from the long-term usage of typical dentures.
- All on four dental implants are firmly secured and remain stable in the mouth, ensuring no more embarrassing slips or sliding.
- By choosing an all-on-four treatment, you can maintain a healthier mouth and body since they are simpler to clean than dentures – leading to improved dental hygiene overall.
If you have damaged teeth due to decay or gum disease and you’re looking for a replacement like natural teeth, then don’t wait any longer. Our team of expert dentists at Casey Dentists have been trained in the All-on-4 implant surgery and can assist you in achieving a beautiful smile once again. Don’t miss this chance for dental transformation. Reach out to us for a free consultation by calling on (07) 4801 7035 today.
Note: Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
Everything to Know About a Dental Implant Procedure