Are you missing one or more teeth and want to get dental treatment to fill the gap? If so, you may be wondering exactly how much All-On-4 costs, as well as exploring whether the treatment is worth the cost.
All-On-4 implants are a great way to improve your smile and increase your confidence
All-On-4 dental implants are a revolutionary dental treatment that enables you to restore your smile, both aesthetically and functionally, and gives you the confidence to show off your beautiful smile.
This minimally invasive treatment involves four dental implants fused with the jawbone, forming a solid foundation for replacement teeth made of porcelain.
All-On-4 implant dentistry is highly recommended by dental professionals all over the world to fill gaps in teeth and rebuild smiles.
Reasons why you may have gaps in your teeth
One possible reason why you might have a gap in your teeth is due to naturally missing teeth, ie, a permanent tooth never developed. Other causes of gaps between teeth can be
Bruxism, or teeth grinding, can have far-reaching consequences if left untreated. The repeated motion can cause abrasion of the teeth and gum tissue, leading to weakened, worn-down teeth that are susceptible to breaking. Also, constant pressure from jaw clenching due to bruxism or stress can cause fractures in dental roots, leading to tooth loss.
If a tooth is severely decayed, the enamel on the teeth may be so badly damaged that repairing it is not feasible. At this point, the tooth may be beyond the help of our highly-skilled dentists and needs to be removed as it can result in gum disease that can eventually lead to bone and tissue loss.
Trauma to the face and teeth caused by sports injuries, motor vehicle accidents, falls etc., can fracture or knock out one or more teeth.
Poor general health
Poor general health can lead to an increased risk of tooth loss in a few ways.
Diabetes raises levels of glucose in the saliva, encouraging bacterial growth and leading to an increase in cavities and gum disease.
Certain medications may dry out the mouth, which makes it difficult for saliva to wash away bacteria, leading to an increased risk of cavities and gum disease.
Inadequate nutrition deprives our teeth of minerals like calcium, so our teeth and bones become weak and more vulnerable to bacterial attacks.
Advantages of All-On-4 dental implants
Apart from the primary advantage that they are permanent, durable prosthetics that look and feel like natural teeth, All-On-4 dental implants have other advantages, such as
Better oral health
All-On-4 dental implants promote oral health by
- preventing jaw bone resorption in an area where there would otherwise be bone loss.
- preserving the natural shape of the face by maintaining a healthy bone structure and preventing remaining teeth from drifting into the gap.
- reducing plaque build-up when compared to gaps, conventional dentures or bridges.
- reducing irritation of gum tissue as they do not require adhesives or need to be taken out nightly as conventional dentures do.
Improved general health
All-On-4 tooth implants can help improve general health by
- improving chewing action and maintaining jawbone health.
- recreating an attractive smile which can dramatically improve the quality of life by making you feel more confident when smiling or engaging in social gatherings
- improving speech clarity
- reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes and blood infections
Dental implants are designed for long-term use, and when placed and cared for properly, they can last for decades.
Full mouth implants are some of the easiest and most convenient restorative treatments to care for. Unlike removable dentures or bridges, which require adhesives and daily scrubbing and soaking in special solutions, these restorations only need to be brushed twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and flossed regularly.
This makes maintaining your oral hygiene routine much easier and more efficient.
All-On-4 implants are low risk
These implants are one of the most widely-used treatments for tooth replacement today and have been used increasingly over the past few years due to their high success rate and low risk.
The success rate of dental implants is around 96% because they
- are placed directly into the jaw bone, creating a stable foundation for the artificial teeth. This process helps protect against further decay and infection, as well as prevents other teeth from shifting or migrating in any direction.
- do not require any additional surgery to attach them to the jawbone or surrounding tissue, meaning that there is no additional risk involved when compared to traditional dentures.
- are made with titanium which is a biocompatible material, meaning that it does not cause any allergic reactions or adverse effects on the body’s immune system.
All of these factors make dental implants a very low-risk treatment option for anyone looking to replace missing teeth.
Dental implants are a wise investment
All-On-4 dental implants are a wise financial investment for the following reasons:
- they can last up to 15 years or longer with proper care, while dentures typically need to be replaced every seven years or so.
- they require little more than regular brushing and flossing, unlike dentures, which require the purchase of special cleaning solutions.
- they improve oral health, which can reduce the cost of dental treatments related to bad dental hygiene.
Why are dental implants costly?
The cost of all-on-4 dental implants can vary greatly depending on a number of factors, such as
The dentist or oral surgeon’s skill level
The cost of All on 4 dental implants can vary significantly based on how experienced and skilled they are at performing this type of procedure. An experienced surgeon with excellent reviews is likely to charge more than a dentist who has not performed many All on 4 implant surgeries.
Materials used to manufacture the implants can dictate the final cost. For example, titanium is an expensive material. Implants made of metal composites tend to be cheaper than titanium but may not last as long before needing replacement or repair.
Any pre-implant procedures required are a major factor in determining the cost of All on 4 implants. Bone grafts, sinus lifts, tooth extraction and dental cleaning may be necessary to prepare for an implant surgery so these need to be taken into account when calculating the final cost.
Dental clinic location
The location of the dental practice can have a significant effect on cost as well; prices tend to be higher in larger cities due to higher overhead costs such as rent and labour wages compared to smaller towns with lower population density.
How much do all on 4 dental implants cost?
All-On-4 dental implants costs start at $17,000 and can go up depending on any of the factors listed above.
Looking for the best All-On-4 dental implants in Queensland? Casey Dentists are the right choice!
At Casey Dentists, we are registered as an All-on-4 Plus Providers.
We understand that the process of getting a single dental implant or All-on-4 dental implants can be overwhelming. That is why our team of professionals strives to provide a comprehensive and caring experience for you. We take the time to understand your individual needs and wishes, explain the treatment in detail and develop a personalised treatment plan suited just for you.
We are committed to excellence when it comes to dental care and use only the most advanced techniques and technology, which allow us to create a detailed model of your current dentition and customise a plan.
Our experienced dentists possess the skill and expertise required for the successful placement of All-on-4 implants.
Gaps Between Teeth and Your Dental Health: Everything You Need to Know – WebMD
How Long Does Full-Mouth Dental Implant Surgery Take?